What does this policy cover
Summary: Welcome, here is our policy on privacy. This policy sets out how Indoprinting collects and uses the information that we collect about you when you use the Service. This policy also explains the choices that you can make about the way that we use your information.
1. Information we collect
We collect the following types of information about you:
(a) Information you provide us directly
We may ask for certain information when you register for a Indoprinting account or correspond with us (such as a username, your first and last names, birthdate, phone number, profession, physical and e-mail address).
We also collect any messages you send us through the Service, and may collect information you provide in User Content you post to the Service (such as text and photos you upload to use in your designs). We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide the features and functionality of the Service to you, to correspond with you, and to address any issues you raise about the Service.
If you don’t provide your personal information to us, you may not be able to access or use our Service or your experience of using our Service may not be as enjoyable.
Summary: We collect info about you that you choose to give us, for example when you register an account, use the Service or otherwise interact with us.
(b) Information we receive from third-party applications
We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access the Service through a third-party connection or log-in, such as Facebook Connect, by “following,” “liking,” adding the Indoprinting application, linking your account to the Indoprinting Service, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to Indoprinting. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook UID), an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Service. You may also unlink your third party account from the Service by adjusting your settings on the third party service. If you unlink your third party account, we will no longer receive information collected about you in connection with that service. And if you choose to integrate with a third party application to incorporate elements into your designs, enhance media, supercharge your workflow or share to social media, we could receive data from such apps (as well as disclose data to such apps). If you communicate with us via social media, including Instagram, Facebook or TikTok and choose to share your user generated content with us, we may receive information such as videos you’ve created, your photo, your account name and your comments about Indoprinting.
Summary: When you use our Service, for example, if you log in through a third-party application, we may obtain information about you from such third-party application.
(c) Information we receive from other third parties
We may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as public sources, social media platforms (like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and other platforms) and third-party data providers and information services. Examples of the information we may obtain from such third parties include your company, company size, job title and seniority, industry and other profile information. We may share your email address or other information in order to obtain and combine this information with information that you provide to us or other information that we collect when you use our Service. We do this to better understand your profile and interests so that we can deliver customized offers and other personalized services to you, such as to serve relevant offers to you via email, chatbots, phone or personalized advertising. You can opt out of Indoprinting collecting more data about you from third-party providers to tailor your experience and messages we send you here.
Some of these providers may combine data collected from our Service through cookies, pixels, tags and similar technologies, with email or mailing addresses to which they have access to help us serve relevant offers to you.
If you are not a Indoprinting subscriber, we may obtain your contact details from a social media platform, such as LinkedIn, or a third party data provider, so that we can promote our product offerings and subscriptions to you if we think they would be helpful in your role.
We also may have obtained your details from another Indoprinting user, for example when they have shared a design with you.
We may also receive information about you and your engagement with our advertisements from our ad servers, ad networks and social media platforms. This may include the websites you visited before coming to Indoprinting so that we can determine advertising effectiveness and pay our referral partners.
If you prefer not to have your information used for this purpose, you can opt out at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Indoprinting for Education: Please note that references to utilizing third-party information for offers and advertising in this Section 1(c) do not apply to students using Indoprinting for Education. We do not serve advertising to students using Indoprinting for Education.
Summary: We may obtain information about you from third-party sources so that we can understand your interests and personalize our communications and promotions to you. You can opt out at any time.
(d) Information we collect from you automatically
We will directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information (please see the paragraph on log file information below) that assists us in improving the Service. For more information on the analytics cookies we use and how to opt out of third-party collection of this information, please see our Cookies Policy.
Summary: We collect certain info about how you use our Service automatically. For more information on how we collect this information from you, please see our Cookies Policy.
(e) Cookies information and information taken from similar technologies
When you visit the Service, we (and our third-party partners) will send cookies — small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets Indoprinting do things like help you log in faster, enhance your navigation through the site, remember your preferences and generally improve the user experience. Cookies also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the Service over time. They also allow us to measure traffic and usage trends for the Service, deliver personalized advertisements that may be of interest to you and measure their effectiveness, and find potential new users of the Service.
Indoprinting for Education: Please note that references to utilizing cookies for advertising in this Section 1(e) do not apply to students using "Indoprinting for Education" - we do not serve advertising to students using Indoprinting for Education.
(f) Log file information
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Summary: Whenever you load a page from Indoprinting, your browser sends us info about itself and your interactions with our Service. That info gets stored on our servers.
(g) Clear gifs/web beacons information
When you use the Service, we may employ clear GIFs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our users. In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. This information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
Summary: We might use small images in order to check how many people open our emails and visit our site.
(h) Device identifiers
When you access the Service on a device (including smart-phones or tablets), we may access, collect and/or monitor one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files that uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you log in and navigate the Service better. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use of device identifiers is impaired. Device Identifiers used by Indoprinting include the Android Advertising ID and iOS Advertising Identifier.
Summary: Your phone or device sends us information about your usage.
(i) Location data
Indoprinting collects information in order to understand where its users are located for a number of reasons. It helps Indoprinting to localize and personalize content, comply with local laws, undertake aggregated analytics, understand if its users use Indoprinting for domestic, business or educational use, improve advertising efficiency and estimate the tax liability of Indoprinting.
Indoprinting may collect your precise or approximate location:
- from you, when you provide, correct or confirm your location (e.g., when you purchase products from us);
- by inferring your location from your IP address; and
- from our partners or your payment provider.
Indoprinting for Education: Please note that references to advertising in this Section 1(i) do not apply to students using Indoprinting for Education - we do not serve advertising to students using Indoprinting for Education.
Summary: Indoprinting may collect and use your location data for personalization, analytics, advertising and tax purposes.
(j) Content within your account
We receive content that you create within your Indoprinting account and media you upload for use within it, such as designs, images, documents, videos, and metadata about your content.
Summary: Indoprinting collects the content you upload to your account.
2. How we use your information
We use the information we collect about you for the purposes set out below:
- Providing you with the Service: We use the information that you directly give us to provide the Service to you. This includes allowing you to log in to Indoprinting, operating and maintaining the Service, giving you access to your designs and billing you for transactions that you make via the Service. We also use information we collect about you automatically to remember information about you so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site.
- For data analytics: We use information about you to help us improve the Indoprinting Service and our users’ experience, including by monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- For data and predictive analytics: We may analyze content, media uploads and activity in your account (such as designs, photos, videos, audio, and search terms) to provide and customize the Service and to train our algorithms and models using machine learning in order to improve our Service. This is carried out with strict access controls and policies in place to protect your privacy. For certain machine learning projects, where legally required or we believe it is appropriate given the nature of project, we may seek your prior consent. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- labeling and detecting components in images (e.g., background, eyes) in order to enhance photo editing tools such as background removal, blemish and red eye correction and erasure of components;
- labeling raw individual data (e.g., “man with dog”)
- detecting content prohibited by our Acceptable Use Policy for moderation and security purposes (e.g., pornographic or copyright protected material);
- translating audio soundtracks;
- predicting the most relevant subscription or product offerings for a user to tailor communications and advertising;
- search terms and corresponding search results interaction data to build an algorithm to deliver the most relevant design result.
- Customizing the Service for you: We use and combine the information you provide us and information about you that we collect automatically and receive from other sources (including information we receive on and off our Service) and combine it with information about the behavior of other users to make sure that your use of the Service is customized to your needs. For example, to recommend templates, ingredients and fonts that are likely to be useful to you in a design, we may use information derived from your prior behavior on our Service, the use of these elements by other people working on similar designs and other inferred information.
- To communicate with you about the Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you and to send communications about critical elements of the Service. For example, we may send you emails about technical issues, security alerts or administrative matters.
- To promote and drive engagement with the Indoprinting Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you about taking part in our surveys or about features and offers relating to the Service that we think you would be interested in. We also use information we collect about you to make sure that you get the most relevant offers and promotions based on your use of the Service, and your preferences. You can opt-out of these communications as described below.
- To improve the Service: We analyze information about your use of the Service and your content to better understand how users are engaging with our Service and measure the effectiveness of the Service so we can make improvements and develop our services for users.
- For advertising purposes: We use information about you, including cookies information and other information we (and our third-party partners) collect from you automatically about your use of the Service, to serve, personalize and measure the effectiveness of advertising on the Service and third-party sites and platforms. This includes showing you advertising we think you might find interesting as well as displaying advertising to potential new users that have similar interests. Please note that we do not serve advertising to students using Indoprinting for Education. For more details about how we use your information for advertising purposes, please see Section 4 “Advertising”.
- Customer happiness: We use information about you, information that we collect or and from within your account, information that you provide to our customer happiness team, and information about your interactions with the Service to resolve technical issues you experience with the Service, and to ensure that we can repair and improve the Service for all Indoprinting users.
- For matters that you have specifically consented to: From time to time Indoprinting may seek your consent to use your information for a particular purpose. Where you consent to our doing so, we will use it for that purpose. Where you no longer want us to use your information for that purpose you may withdraw your consent to this use.
- For troubleshooting, error resolution and service improvement: We may need to review your designs to support your request for help, correct general errors with the Indoprinting Service or improve our services.
Indoprinting for Education: Please note that references to advertising in this Section 2 do not apply to students using Indoprinting for Education - we do not serve advertising to students using Indoprinting for Education.
Summary: Indoprinting uses information about you for different reasons, including to provide, customize and improve the Service.
3. Sharing your information
(a) How we share your information
Some of the third parties with whom Indoprinting may share your personal information are service providers who assist Indoprinting with functions such as:
- Customer support and customer management;
- Email services;
- Hosting and storage;
- Data analytics and predictive analytics;
- Data labelling and machine learning;
- Advertising and marketing services;
- Domain name registration;
- Delivery of physical products; and
- Other service providers.
Summary: Indoprinting uses information about you for different reasons, including to provide, customize and improve the Service.
(b) How you can share your User Content
(i) Public Posts
Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as public User Content, becomes available to be read, collected and used by the public. When you set your profile to public, or make User Content public, your information becomes publicly available globally, searchable by other users and can be indexed by search engines. If you or Indoprinting remove information that you posted to the Service, copies remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other users have copied or saved that information.
You may share your Indoprinting designs to your social media accounts, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr. You should ensure that you familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of each of these services and any privacy settings that may apply to the designs you choose to share on those accounts.
If you join a Team, then any information or content that you create in that Team or activity you take within the Team may be shared with other Team members and the Team Owner. If requested by the Team Owner, Indoprinting may re-assign ownership of any User Content you post in the Team to the Team Owner or to another Team member. You should ensure that any personal information, confidential information, or User Content that you’d like to keep private is retained in a separate personal account.
(iii) Design Collaboration
If you accept an invitation to view or edit a Indoprinting design:
- your name and avatar will be visible to anyone else in the design at the same time as you, whether or not they are logged in to Indoprinting or anonymous;
- your name and time of login will become available to any other person that also has edit access to that design, whether or not they are within your Team.
If you do not wish for this to occur, simply click here and select "Opt out of insights collection" under the Insights section to make your access anonymous.
As the owner or editor of an individual design, you can choose to give other people access to your designs using the following link sharing settings:
1. “Only people added can access”: Only people who have been added to those designs via their email or Indoprinting account will have access to your design. Anyone who hasn’t been added to a design will need to request access from you. This is the most private sharing option, and Indoprinting uses this as the default setting for all designs .
2. “Anyone with the link”: Anyone on the internet who has the link can access your design (and view or edit if you select this). We do not recommend this option for information you wish to keep confidential. Please note that this setting will, by default (except for Indoprinting for Education subscriptions) also allow non-Indoprinting users to anonymously access your design (and view the full names, avatars, cursors and comments of logged in users).
3. “Only your team*”: Only people on your team that have the link can access, view or edit (as you select) your design. This means if you share the link on an email or Slack communication with numerous people in your Team, any of them can access the design without further permission. *Subject to being made available for your team.
Indoprinting collects your links and they may be shared with service providers where required to provide the Services. Once you share a link, it may be on-shared by your recipients.
Summary: Our designs are private by default. When sharing designs, make sure the privacy settings are appropriate. For designs with personal or confidential information, we don’t recommend "anyone with the link" setting.
(c) Sharing in connection with a merger, acquisition or reorganization
Indoprinting may also share, sell or transfer your information to third parties in connection with or contemplation of (including as part of the due diligence process) any merger, acquisition, reorganization, financing, sale of assets, bankruptcy or insolvency event involving Indoprinting or any portion of our assets, services or businesses. Information such as customer names and email addresses, User Content and other user information related to the Service may be among the items shared, sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. You will be notified via email and/or a notice on the Service if such a transaction takes place and be given notice of any material changes to the way we handle your data under this policy.
Summary: If we sell our business, any of the info which we’ve acquired about you may be part of the sale.
(d) Your employer
If you access Indoprinting with an email address issued to you by your employer (either a business, non-profit or educational institution), and your employer has established an account with Indoprinting (or is considering doing so), you acknowledge that Indoprinting may share your name, email, and the existence of your Indoprinting account with your employer. If you do not use Indoprinting in connection with your employment and do not wish for this information to be shared with your employer you can opt out at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary: We might share limited information with your employer.
(e) Sharing with other third parties
Indoprinting will also share your information with third parties in certain circumstances, such as where you consent to our sharing it with a third party for a particular purpose.
Summary: We may share your data where you have integrated your use of Indoprinting with third-party applications that are not controlled by us.
(f) Sharing aggregate data
We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated such anonymized data with third parties
Summary: We may share anonymized data with third parties.
(g) Sharing with authorities
Summary: We may share data with authorities in accordance with our Authority Request Policy or where we feel it is necessary.
We partner with third party ad servers, ad networks and social media platforms (like Facebook, Google, LiveRamp, Outbrain, Taboola and Appsflyer) to deliver personalized advertisements (“ads”) on our Service and other sites that may be of interest to you and/or to measure their effectiveness, and/or to identify potential new users of our Service.
Indoprinting may share certain information with our third party advertising partners, such as your email address, location, cookie information and information relating to your use of our Service, and allow partners to perform a match of your information against information from other third party networks or sites to serve ads either on the Service or on third party sites (including, but not limited to Facebook, Google and Samsung televisions) and to measure the effectiveness of these ads. We also share certain information with social media platforms, such as Facebook and Tiktok, to display advertising to potential new users whose demographics and behaviour look like those of our existing users. You can opt out of having your email matched by Liveramp here or by emailing email@example.com.
Indoprinting does not sell or rent the information we collect directly from you or about you from third parties with these third-party ad servers or ad networks for such parties’ own marketing purposes.
Please note that an advertiser may ask Indoprinting to show an ad on the Service to a certain audience of users (e.g., based on demographics or other interests). In that situation, Indoprinting determines the target audience and Indoprinting serves the advertising to that audience and only provides anonymous aggregated data to the advertiser. If you respond to such an ad, the advertiser or ad server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach.
Indoprinting for Education: Please note that this Section 4 does not apply to students using Indoprinting for Education – we do not serve advertising to students using Indoprinting for Education.
Summary: If we have ads on our site we might use some of your info to show you appropriate ads. We may also use some of that info to send you relevant ads on other sites, like Facebook or Google.